I will turn 40 in exactly two years, I know, there's plenty of time, however I wanted to make a wish list now in the hope that some of it can be achieved within the time frame. I have created the list because for me coming to the end of the 30s is massive, it's gone so quick. I always wanted to stay 30 and not to get any older at all.
I think I have picked some special ones for it, that would just be a personal way to round off the decade:
1. To become the proud owner of a real Louis Vuitton handbag. Having wanted to own one for a long time now, has always been a thing of mine. I once owned a fake purse bought on holiday one year and I loved it loads! Those little LV’s are so pretty. I am really not into fashion designers or all that bling that goes with it. The most adventurous I have been is owning a Chanel perfume.
2. Do an overnight stay at a festival. I have always been a bit sceptic about the big Glastonbury festival, so perhaps not as outrageous as that. But I am feeling the need for a music festival. Collating both my fav thing, music and one of my wish list items. My only qualm is the camping out bit, I think the last time I slept in a tent was about 20 years ago, hopefully a glamping tent or camper van will feature in this one. Can you suggest any festivals in the UK to me?
3. Drive a supercar. I'm thinking, a Lamborghini or a Ferrari, in my opinion the top of the top, it has to be worth it. I am more than a little exhilarated by speed, the tiny push on the accelerator and the force of being thrown back into the seat, eeeekk. My closest to driving anything unusual was an MG, a convertible. I borrowed it only for about 20 minutes from an ex-colleague.
4. Buying a flute, yes the real musical instrument! - I played the flute for about 5 years during school, I was in the orchestra too and I loved it. The flute belonged to the school though, so more than 20 years later I would love to own my own one. I can remember taking my Grade 1 exam, playing certain pieces of rehearsed music and a piano playing along with me too, I passed and am very proud of that.
5. Attend a formal dinner evening, think Downton Abbey, to put on a beautiful girly dress, some makeup and shoes to finish the outfit off (that I will moan about at the end of the evening no doubt). I think every girl enjoys the idea of this. I never have reasons to do this so it would be extra special for me.
6. Learn how to play chess. I have never played this, not once, could be my most difficult task on this list!
7. Visit Italy, any region I really dont mind where, just to say I have been to Italy would be so wonderful. I have been more keen to visit Lake Garda though, it looks so pretty, and definitely the capital city of course.
8. Enjoy a bottle of Cristal, yes it's one of the most expensive bottles of Champagne, but it looks so amazing in its gold wrapper, I'd want to enjoy it somewhere fitting, a posh hotel perhaps?
9. This one is a bit strange but when you hear it hopefully you’ll understand. I would like to make a huge celebration cake, tiers and piping and everything. By way of maybe a wedding cake or a special birthday. Something that will be remembered. I don't bake, I'm not a good cook, so to be able to pull this off I would be so chuffed with myself.
10. Stay at a Champneys spa. The UKs number one. If I'm going to do it, I would love to go all out. Those fluffy robes look so comfy. Just relaxing and taking in the beautiful surroundings. Just enjoying some tlc.
Its my balloon day on Twitter (Happy Birthday to me) x
I will update this post when I can tick an item off the list, here's to hoping.
Did you make a special wish list before a big birthday? And did you achieve everything you wanted too beforehand?